Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another "See you later"... And he was off to MCT.

If there was a ever a time I wanted time to stop, it would be these moments right here. And if you ever asked me when I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Ian, it would be these moments right here.

Time would not cut me a break and we couldn't have put off leaving any longer. On the way to the bus stop, Ian sat in the back with me while his dad drove. He held on to me the whole way down there. All I remember is "Then" by Brad Paisley playing on the radio and just holding him trying not to cry. It's funny. I always try to be so strong when we say goodbye. I try to hard to the point where it becomes uncontrollable and I lose it. I get so mad at myself for crying every time because I want to be strong for him. I know when I cry it makes it harder on him. But, it hurts- and I can't help it.

Well, once we got to the bus station. We waited inside for a while while everyone got their bags checked in. He kept me by his side. I could not believe he was leaving. I had no idea when I was going to see him again. I think that is what made this goodbye one of the hardest goodbyes yet. I remember when he had to get on the bus we walked outside and he hugged his dad. Then him and I hugged, and I was sure God would let time stop for a little while. But, I knew that it wasn't possible.

Once we kissed, and said our "I love you's" I watched the love of my life get on a bus, not knowing when I would see him again.

The guys at the bus station made us wait inside as the busses finished getting loaded, and I cried and cried. I had my hand on the window as I watched the bus pull away. Ian's dad just held me as I cried and as usual gave me the comforting words I needed to hear.

I knew that MCT was just another obstacle for our relationship, but I had faith in us. I always have.

2 comments:

  1. :'( This makes me so sad, because I do believe Chris leaving for MCT will be the hardest because I won't know when I will see him again. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! You're such a strong one for all of this. My boy is enlisting w/the Army & I've been reading literally hundreds of blogs trying to prep for it & get inspired. Your commitment & love for Ian is definitely something to admire... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete