Sunday, December 5, 2010

Part Three continued,again- The Home Stretch!

I remember being up late Wednesday night because I knew the Crucible was starting for Charlie Company in just a few hours. It was overwhelming and exciting for me all at once. This was in all reality their final test, at the end of this, they would finally be able to call themselves Marines. The entire time The Crucible was going on, it was all I could think about. I worried about if he was cold, tired, drained- all things that were out of my control. Like I said before, I "blogged" on yuku, so that Saturday morning we were all in a chat room, counting down the last two hours of the Crucible. I remember when 8am rolled around (I am pretty sure that is around the time they finished up) that we were all probably jumping up and down in front of our computers. The pride I felt was unbelievable. He did it, I knew he could do it. I was so proud of him. I can not even explain how relieving it was to know that Sunday he would be calling, and that Wednesday I would be leaving to go pick him up. He made it, and I made it. We made it together.

That Sunday I woke up so early. I had a training class for work to go to, and they were well aware that I was expecting a phone call. I honestly didn't know if he would have time to call because from what I hear the lines are long. But, I didn't put it past him to wait in a line all day! I got to work and clocked in, and I was helping a customer and my phone lit up and it was a weird number. I knew instantly it was him. I ran outside and screamed into my phone. I could not believe it was him. He sounded different, in a good way. He didn't have long to talk. I wish I could remember our conversation in more detail, but it was so exciting and everything was in the moment, I am 100% sure that majority of it was "I love you's!"

I called my mom and told her about the entire call! She was so happy for me. I could not stop smiling. I was on cloud nine, and it all started to feel SO REAL. As soon as I got off the phone with my mom, I called Ian's mom. She had talked to Ian too, and once I told her how excited I was, I cried. I was so unbelievably overwhelmed with happiness that I actually cried. I have never been so happy that I cried before. I knew that this was just the beginning of my happy tears seeing as three days from Liberty Sunday I would be leaving to go pick him up!!

Woohoo, I have almost finished the Boot Camp part, just have to write about family day and graduation- and I have so many pictures to share! :) :)

4 comments:

  1. Each and every one of your entries has inspired me and made me look that much more forward to boot camp coming to an end for my boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that it inspires you! You will be down to pick him up before you know it! When that day gets here you are going to wonder where time went, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I remember exactly what we spoke about & how excited we would be to see each other. I couldn't wait to be in his arms after 3 long lonely months.

    Chelsea, all this waiting is going to be worth it in the end believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can remember from the phone calls is the i love yous and how excited we were. it all was happening so fast! i still get butterflies in my tummy thinking about all of us.

    and chelsea, she is right! it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete