Monday, December 13, 2010

Graduation Day!

Once again, couldn't sleep that night. I was way too excited for the actual graduation ceremony and to finally be able to bring him home! We woke up early once again, and ended up getting there a little bit late actually- well not late enough to miss any of the ceremony, but late enough to not have anywhere to sit. We were okay with this because we actually sat right on the ground, right up front! :)

This ceremony was unlike anything I have every witnessed in my entire life. I had chills the entire time. I even cried (Surpised?...I think not!) haha My favorite part was the end where it was like a chain reaction of "OOHRAHS!" all the way down. It is so hard to explain, you'd have to see it with your own eyes. It was amazing. Then the entire crowd ran onto the parade deck to grab their Marines! I met a few of Ian's buddys and then we went back to the barracks to grab the rest of his things. Somehow, I ended up having to carry a bag bigger than me. Everyone we walked past thought it was funny, even the DI's were noticeably laughing at me. I didn't mind :)

As soon as we got into the car, he was instantly relieved and kept telling us to get him off this island. We were driving to go to the MCX and he was digging through his things, and pulled out his dogtag he wore around his neck all of boot and put it around my neck. He still to this day tells me that it means the most to him because it is what he wore all thirteen weeks of boot.

After we shopped at the MCX for a while, we went and grabbed lunch and at lunch I gave him the scrapbook I made him while he gone. It's my favorite present I have ever given him :)

Kacie's dad lives in Charleston, and so we decided that we would drive up and see him and stay an extra night in South Carolina, just because. Her dad has connections and got us two hotel rooms so we could stay an extra night!

The first time we kissed after boot was waiting outside the car for Kacie to get the room keys. I was standing on the curb to be level with him, and he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him and he gave me the bigggest kiss ever :)

Once we got into the hotel, we all drank and hung out for a little while and listened to Ian's stories about boot camp. It was getting kind of late and we had a LONG two days, so Ian and I went to our own room....

....And I'm sure you can guess the rest ;) ;)

Or in the words of my ever so classy Marine, "Get some" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment